Director-General (Transport and Main Roads)
ONC (Eng), HNC (EEng), DMS, BSc (Eng), MSc (Control Engineering and Computer Systems), MBA, CEng (UK), FIET, FIMechE, FICE, FIEAust, FCILT, FLJMU, FRSA, FSOE, FIRTE, MAICD
- Appointed as Director-General January 2013
- CEO Challenge Champion and Ambassador for Domestic and Family Violence
Under the Financial Accountability Act 2009, the Director-General is accountable to the Ministers for Transport and Main Roads and the Premier of Queensland for the efficient, effective and financially responsible performance of the Department of Transport and Main Roads.
He leads the department with an operating budget of $6.021 billion, capital budget of $3.133 billion and managed assets worth $57.458 billion.
- Chief Executive Officer, TransLink Transit Authority
- Chief Executive and Director-General, Merseytravel, United Kingdom
Along with over 40 years' experience in the transport industry, Neil received the Order of the British Empire for services to public transport in 2005 and in 2011 was awarded an honorary Fellowship from Liverpool John Moores University for his services to the region.
Chief Operations Officer
MAPSL, GradCertPSP, VFF, Program on Negotiation (Law) Harvard University, Graduate Management Program Harvard University (current study), Australian Institute of Company Directors (Risk and Governance)
- Appointed as Chief Operations Officer October 2013
- Champion for Women and Continuing Education
Jennifer supports the Director-General with the day-to-day operations of the department allowing the Director-General to focus on strategy, the government's objectives and key stakeholder relationships.
- Executive Officer (Office of the Director-General), Department of Transport and Main Roads
Jennifer has 20 years' experience in the public service working in the portfolios of employment, training and industrial relations, environmental protection, justice and attorney-general, transport and main roads, and foreign affairs and trade.
Deputy Director-General (Customer Services, Safety and Regulation)
B.Bus, MPA, MANCAP, MNRSS, MAustroads, MQLCSG
- Appointed as Deputy Director-General (Customer Services, Safety and Regulation) January 2016
- Champion for Equity and Diversity
Mike oversees the delivery of safety, regulatory and transactional transport services for the department. This division is critical to our current and future transport system, managing the state's regulation, marine, road safety and frontline services for Queenslanders.
- Deputy Director-General (Infrastructure Management and Delivery), Department of Transport and Main Roads
- General Manager (Land Transport Safety), Department of Transport and Main Roads
Mike has worked in the state public transport sector in finance, general management and transport safety roles for more than 20 years delivering key road safety initiatives including Graduated Licensing, Alcohol Interlocks and immediate suspension for recidivist drink drivers, and the expansion of the Camera Detected Offence Program.
Deputy Director-General (TransLink)
BBltEnv (URP), GDURP, MBA (Exec), MPIA, GAICD
- Appointed as Deputy Director-General (TransLink) December 2016
- Champion for Cultural Diversity
- Board member for the International Association of Public Transport (Australia/New Zealand)
- Member of Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Member of the Planning Institute of Australia
- Member of the Urban Development Institute of Australia
Matt leads the passenger transport system including bus, train, ferry and trams in south east Queensland, taxi regulation and long distance rail, coach and regional air services across the state. He is responsible for delivering high-quality public transport services, enhancing customers' experience, ticketing, passenger transport information and infrastructure for Queenslanders and visitors.
- Deputy Director-General (Policy, Planning and Investment), Department of Transport and Main Roads
- General Manager (Passenger Transport Integration), Department of Transport and Main Roads
Matt is a transport industry leader with specialist experience in strategy, project management, transport network planning, infrastructure design and delivery.
Deputy Director-General (Policy, Planning and Investment)
- Appointed as Deputy-Director General (Policy, Planning and Investment) January 2017
- Champion for Health and Wellbeing and Innovation
Sally is responsible for the planning and development of an integrated transport system across Queensland, including delivery of the Transport System Planning Program and Queensland Transport and Roads Investment Program.
- Executive Director (Department of State Development)
- Director (Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation)
Sally comes to the department with a wealth of diverse senior executive experience and leadership in complex policy environments – notably leading the Strategic Assessment: Great Barrier Reef Coastal Zone, the Queensland Ports Strategy, and the Sustainable Ports Development Act. Sally has also driven investment in emerging high technology industries, led streamlining of Commonwealth/State environmental approval process for major projects and worked with regional communities to mitigate the impacts of proposed major infrastructure investments in Queensland.
Deputy Director-General (Infrastructure Management and Delivery)
BTech, AssDip CivE, ADipPM
- Appointed as Deputy Director-General (Infrastructure Management and Delivery) January 2016
- Champion for cycling
- Chair for Toowoomba Second Range Crossing Project Supervisory Board, Toowoomba Second Range Crossing Project Control Group and Transport and Main Roads Deputy for Roads Australia
Miles oversees the delivery of the integrated program of infrastructure projects and the maintenance and operation of the state-controlled road network. Miles has been with the department for over 30 years
Miles is currently project delivery owner of the $1.6 billion Toowoomba Second Range Crossing, the $420 million Gold Coast Light Rail Stage 2 and the $4.4 billion New Generation Rollingstock projects.
- General Manager (Program Delivery and Operations), Department of Transport and Main Roads
- Regional Director (Metropolitan)
As General Manager, Miles was responsible for delivering the department's capital funded projects, reconstruction projects, maintenance and preservation and infrastructure works.
Deputy Director-General (Corporate)
LLM, Executive Masters of Public Administration (current), Solicitor of Supreme Court of Queensland and High Court of Australia
- Appointed Deputy-Director General May 2017
- Champion for Domestic and Family Violence
Tracy leads the department's corporate services, which includes governance, legal, finance and procurement, ICT, marketing and communication and human resources to enable Transport and Main Roads to achieve its business objectives.
- Executive Director (Department of National Parks, Sport and Racing)
- Acting Deputy Director-General (Department of Environment and Heritage Protection)
Tracy has over 21 years of experience in the Queensland public sector in the fields of law, policy, governance, major projects and program design and delivery, and stakeholder engagement. She has also led major reform and commissions of inquiry for government and worked in a number of state government departments.